“Every day talented SRJC faculty share knowledge and provide inspiration for our students. SRJC attracts the best and brightest educators – they are innovative, creative, and exceptional teachers because they are lifelong learners who are always growing professionally. We will continue to make it a priority to provide funding for continuing education and research opportunities for faculty that will, in turn, enhance the educational experience for our students.” 100th Anniversary Campaign Brochure
Because of the generosity of SRJC 100th Anniversary Campaign donors, $38,000 grant funding for Faculty Academic Excellence Awards was made available for distribution over two academic years. In calendar year 2018, $20,467 was awarded and distributed to 15 faculty members. For 2019, another $18,000 is available to be awarded. Academic Affairs and Academic Senate are collaborating to provide awards for Academic Excellence for the purpose of continuing education and research opportunities for faculty.
All submissions must be received by Friday, November 9, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Awardees will be announced on Monday, November 19th.
WHO CAN APPLY
- All Contract Faculty (Regular and Probationary)
- Individual and group applications will be considered
- Priority will be given to new applicants
- Up to $3,000 will be award to group applicants
- Up to $1,500 will be awarded to individual applicants
- One award per individual or group
How do I/we apply?
- To apply for an award, please complete the online application.
- A 250 to 500 word written narrative explaining the purpose and benefits of the award (submitted electronically).
- A budget outlining in detail how the funds will be used.
- The proposal must benefit your professional development through continuing education and research activities that enhance educational experiences for students, as stated in the 100th Anniversary Campaign statement.
- Upon completion of the award, you must submit a 1-page summary report with receipts to reflect your intended budget proposal.
- Criteria used for awarding the grant are the Faculty Professional Development Criteria for Approval of Flex Activities.
Scheduled for Wednesday, November 28th at 3 pm, Location TBA
Submission deadline is Friday, November 9th, 2018, by 5 p.m.
NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
Awards announced on Monday, November 19th, 2018.